iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Mike on January 18, 2023
Apple has released AirPods 5B59 update for AirPods 2, 3, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max with bug fixes and other improvements! Let’s check out new features, solved issues as well as new problems reported by users!
AirPods 5B59 Update
This firmware update comes after 5B58 version and is currently not available for the most recent AirPods Pro 2 model, as confirmed by this Apple support document!
AirPod firmware updates are installed automatically. However, you can force the update by applying the following tips:
- 1. Connect AirPods to iPhone. Next, bring them back in their case, keep the lid open and connect the case to a power unit.
- 2. Close the lid and be patient until the AirPods are charged to 100%.
- 3. Open the the lid, and keep it open while iPhone remains unlocked and awake.
4. Wait a couple of minutes and check Version number. Are you seeing 5B59?
How To Check AirPods Firmware Version
- 1. Connect AirPods to iPhone. Get them out from the case and place them in your ears. You should hear the turn ON chime.
- 2. Open Settings. In iOS 16, they show up at the top of the menu.
- 3. Tap on the [airpods name].
- 4. Scroll to the About section and check Version number.
AirPods 5B59 Issues
Problem reported for this new release are highlighted here along with available workarounds:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
AirPods 5B59 Features
Apple isn’t too generous in the AirPods new firmware release notes and this one makes no exception. ‘Improvements’ are mentioned, without any details. If we find something new we will update it here:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
AirPods 5B59 Bugs Fixed
The above mentioned release notes also mention bug fixes, without any other details. Here you can review the issues addressed in this release:
- 1. AirPods Case 0 bug is one of the most widespread bugs reported by iPhone and AirPods users. We’ve covered it here. [Status: NOT FIXED] – looks to be an iOS 16.2 issue.
- 2. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Have your AirPods updated to firmware 5B59? Do you notice any changes or bug fixes? What about new issues? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out new beta software for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, Apple TV and HomePod! You can get more info here.