iPhone Tricks > Errors and Issues
Posted in Errors and Issues by Tyrone on January 11, 2023
Apple TV not full screen when connected to smart TV? The image is complete but it’s not filling up the screen? Image is fitting just one quarter of the screen size, displaying in the top-left corner?
Apple TV Not Full Screen On Smart TV?
This issue has been reported by Andrea:
“I’ve connected my Apple TV to a new Samsung TV and image won’t fit the entire screen. It’s displayed in miniature size., about 25% in the top-left corner of the TV screen!”
We couldn’t replicate this unexpected behavior, but have found a similar complaint on Reddit:
“I can’t fit my Apple TV screen to the whole tv.”
How To Fix Apple TV Not Filling Up Screen
There are a few troubleshooting options that you can apply:
1. Unplug smart TV from Power Source
- Try to shut down your smart TV and unplug it from the power source for up to 60 seconds.
- Also physically disconnect Apple TV.
- Plug it back in and turn it ON. Does the Apple TV screen fill up the entire screen?
2. Connect To A Different TV
- If possible, disconnect your Apple TV from the smart TV that’s not working full screen and connect it to a different TV. Does it work?
- Reconnect it to the original TV. Any improvements?
Fact: This fix was confirmed by Reddit user.
3. Restart Apple TV
If you changed Apple TV video settings from 4K to 1080 or the other way around you have to restart the TV set.
This is done from Settings -> System -> Restart.
Did you manage to fix Apple TV no full screen on smart TV? Do you have a better solution or other problems to report? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: For more Apple TV issues and available workarounds check our tvOS 16.2 review.