iPhone Tricks > Reviews
Posted in Reviews by Mike on September 18, 2023
The new Apple Watch Ultra 2 vs Ultra 1 and have 10 differences! Check out the upgrade and decide if it’s worth to update or not! You can also find a head-to-head comparison of the Ultras with the new Series 9 models!
Apple Watch Ultra 2 vs Ultra 1
The AW Ultra 1 has been discontinued, but you can still grab it for discounted prices at various resellers. However, is the Ultra 2 worth the full price?
There are 12 upgrades that you should convince you to go for the flagship:
Apple Watch Ultra 2 vs Series 9
The differences between the premium version and the standard models are highlighted here:
- 1. Size: 49mm vs 41 or 45mm.
- 2. Case: Titanium vs Aluminium / Stainless Steel .
- 3. Display: Always-On up to 3,000 nits vs Always-On up to 2,000 nits.
- 4. SOS Emergency SOS, International emergency calling, Fall Detection, Crash Detection and Siren vs No Siren.
- 5. Water Resistance: Swimproof + High-speed water sports + Recreational dive (up to 40m) vs Swimproof.
- 6. GPS: Precision dual-frequency GPS vs Standard GPS.
- 7. Apple Watch 9 Battery Life:
Up to 36 hours vs Up to 18 hours
Low Power Mode
Up to 72 hours vs Up to 36 hours.
- 8. Pricing: from $799 vs from $399.
Tip: For more detailed specs and an extensive head-to-head comparison between the new Apple Watch models check Apple’s official page.
What do you think about the Apple Watch Ultra 2 new features? Do you plan to upgrade from Ultra 1 or from an older model? Have any questions? Share your feedback in the comments!
Tip: You can buy / pre-order the new Apple Watch models at Amazon.com.
Disclaimer: iPhoneTricks.org has an affiliate partnership with Amazon. If you purchase a product after clicking the above links, we’ll receive a small commission that helps us cover website costs. The final price of your product isn’t influenced by it!
Related: For more details about the new Ultra 2 and Series 9 models check our extended reviews here and here.