iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Mike on January 24, 2023
Apple has released HomePod 16.3 update one day later than expected, with temperature and humidity sensors activation for HomePod mini! Check out all new features, unresolved issues, bug fixes and new problems!
HomePod 16.3 Issues
Considering that this version was delayed, do check problems reported by users before going for the update:
- 1. HomePod temperature and humidity sensors not working? Here is what you can do to fix them!
- 2. Birds not removed from rain ambient sound. This is not a bug but an unfulfilled change. Thanks diego c. for pointing it out.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 16.3 Features
According to the release notes the following improvements are included:
- 1. Temperature and humidity sensors are activated by this update and can measure indoor climate! Works with HomePod mini and the new HomePod 2!
- 2. Ambient sounds have been remastered. They are more immersive and can be added to alarms, automations and scenes in the Home app.
- 3. Find My on HomePod allows you to ask Siri for the location of friends and family as long as they have it shared with you!
- 4. Recurring Home automations can be set up using voice commands.
- 5. Siri confirmation tone plays to indicate when smart home requests are completed for accessories that are in a different room or may not visually show a change.
- 6. Audio tuning feature is able to optimize spoken content (podcasts), for even more clarity. (Available on HomePod 2 and HomePod 1st gen.)
- 7. Volume controls updated for HomePod 1 with more granular adjustments at lower volumes!
Other changes reported in this release are mentioned here:
- 8. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 16.3 Bugs Fixed
The release notes also mention bug fixes and stability improvements. However, no actual fix is mentioned. In fact, Apple’s support document tracking HomePod software updates hasn’t been updated yet!
Solved problems reported by users are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 16.3 Update
This update is available, over-the-air, in the Home app. To get it you need an iPhone, iPad or Mac running iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS Ventura or later!
- 1. Open Home app on iPhone or iPad and go for Home Settings -> Software Update.
- 2. HomePod 16.3 update should show up!
- 3. Tap Update when it becomes available in the Updates section.
Fact: Be patient until this test version is downloaded, verified and deployed on your device!
Have you installed HomePodOS 16.3 on your smart speaker? Do you experience any problems or discovered changes that are not mentioned in this article? Use the comments section!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 16.3 (20D47), iPadOS 16.3 (20D47), macOS Ventura 13.2 (22D49), watchOS 9.3 (20S648) and tvOS 16.3 (20K650).