iPhone Tricks > How To
Posted in How To by Patricia on June 25, 2022
A new Apple Watch Face-like customization feature allows you to add new Lock Screen to iPhone. In fact, you can create as many Lock Screens as you want in iOS 16. Each of them with its own wallpaper, font style and color, widgets and more.
How To Add New Lock Screen On iPhone
- 1. Long press on the current Lock Screen to enter Edit mode.
- 2. Tap the ‘+’ icon, available in the bottom-right corner.
- 3. Select a wallpaper type for your new Lock Screen. You can choose from Photos, People, Photo Shuffle, Emoji, Weather, Astronomy, Color and more.
- 4. Select widgets that you want to display on the new Lock Screen. There are two areas: above and below the current time.Tip: Tap the section that you want to edit and use the Add Widgets panel to pick the desired glances.
- 5. Pinch to Crop the wallpaper and swipe-left to browse through the available filters: Natural, Black & White, Duotone and Color Wash.
- 6. Tap the three-dots icon available in the bottom-right corner to set if you want to use Perspective Zoom, Depth Effects and more.
- 7. Tap Done when ready and choose if you want to Set as Wallpaper Pair, or if you want to separately Customize Home Screen.
The second option allows you to apply:
– Legibility Blur (It blurs the image in the background, to make app icons more visible),
– A color gradient (that can be edited if you tap Configure…),
– A solid color background (you can choose the color,
– A different image from Photos.Tip: An extended review of the iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets is available here.
How To Change Lock Screen In iOS 16
Once you’ve added multiple Lock Screen and personalized them for work, leisure, travel and so on, you can easily switch them from the Lock Screen editor:
Long press the Lock Screen to enter Edit mode -> Swipe-left or right to browse them -> Tap on the one that you wish to select or just click the Side button to dim the screen.
How To Delete Lock Screen
To remove a Lock Screen just swipe-up on its card, in the Lock Screen editor and tap the Trash icon!
What do you think about the new Lock Screen in iOS 16? Do you find the UI user-friendly? Have any suggestions or questions? Use the comments!
Related: You might be interested in how to add third party widgets on iPhone Lock Screen!