iPhone Tricks > How To
Posted in How To by Tyrone on October 17, 2023
Starting with macOS Sonoma you can add widgets to Mac desktop and have more info at a glance. You can even display iPhone widgets on the MacBook home screen! This makes switching from smartphone to computer and vice-versa even more seamless.
How To Add Widgets To Mac Desktop
Widgets On Mac Desktop Not Available?
Edit Widgets not showing when you right-click on the desktop?
First of all, make sure that your computer is updated to macOS Sonoma 14 or later.
We’ve noticed that, Edit Widgets won’t show if no widget is displayed on the Home Screen yet. In this case proceed as follows:
How To Fix Edit Widgets Not Showing On Desktop
- 1. Open the Notification Center. You can do it by clicking the date or time in the top-right corner of the menu bar.
- Trick: or with a gesture, by swiping-left on the trackpad.
- 2. Scroll for Edit Widgets available at the bottom of the Notification Center and click it!
- 3. Search for the app that you want to add a widget from.
- 4. Select the widget and drag & drop it to the Mac desktop!
Have you managed to add widgets to MacBook desktop? Do you still have questions? Which are your favorite widgets? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: For more macOS Sonoma features check our detailed review.