iPhone Tricks > How To
Posted in How To by Mike on September 24, 2022
Are you trying to downgrade iOS 16.0.2 to iOS 15.7? You’ve recently updated to iOS 16.0.2 but are still having a hard time with day-one iOS 16 bugs? Fortunately, it’s still possible to downgrade to iOS 15.7 without losing data!
How To Downgrade iOS 16 To iOS 15.7 Guide
Before you start, be aware that downgrading from iOS 16 to the most recent iOS 15 version without data loss is only possible if you performed an iPhone backup before updating to iOS 16.0.
iOS 16 backups aren’t compatible with iOS 15.7, this means that you won’t be able to restore at the end of the downgrade process.
- 1. On iPhone go for Settings -> Apple ID -> Find My and turn Off Find My iPhone.
- 2. On computer, Download the iOS 15.7 ipsw file for your iPhone model. (Download links available at the end of this article!)
- 3. Connect iPhone to Mac or Windows computer using the USB to Lightning cable that shipped with your device.
- 4. Bring iPhone into Recovery Mode. That’s done by performing the force restart combo.
- 5. Open Finder (Mac), respectively iTunes (Windows). Software should confirm that iPhone is already in Recovery Mode.
- 6. Press alt (Option) key + click Restore iPhone on Mac. (Shift key + Restore iPhone on Windows).
- 7. Select the recently downloaded iOS 15.7 ipsw file and click Open. Confirm your selection.
Tip: Unlock your iPhone and Trust the computer if you’re asked to.
Important: Finder might show Restore and Update and automatically begin to download the latest iOS software available. Cancel this by unplugging the iPhone and reconnecting it. Only Restore should show up now!
Tip: Downgrading iPhone from iOS 16 to iOS 15.7 should start. Be patient until it completes. Use the Restore from a backup option to bring back your data. Else, you have to set up your iPhone as a new device!
iOS 15.7 IPSW Download Links
From your computer, click the link that fits your iPhone model and accept the download: