Ever wondered whether the people you sent messages to in Telegram have actually read them? Thankfully, Telegram offers read receipts, enabling you to know whether the recipient has seen your message. This can help you determine if the receiver of the message is interested in the conversation or not.
Follow this guide to know how you can find out whether someone has seen your Telegram message or not.
Why You May Want to Know Who Read Your Telegram Message
For various purposes, knowing who has viewed your sent Telegram message can be helpful. For one, you might occasionally desire confirmation that the intended recipient has received and read your message.
Sometimes, you might need to ensure the recipient has seen the urgent or important messages. Understanding who has read your communication enables you to follow up or take the appropriate actions.
Additionally, it can be useful to know who has seen your message in group chats or channels. With this information, you may judge the group members’ level of engagement and participation and base your decisions on their responses—or lack thereof.
Meaning of Symbols in Telegram
Depending on the status of your sent message, Telegram can show a variety of symbols near it. This helps convey important details regarding the delivery and status of your messages. Knowing the significance of these symbols will help you know the status of your sent message in Telegram.
As its name suggests, the clock symbol looks like a round watch. If you see this after sending your message in Telegram, this means that your message hasn’t been delivered yet. This could be due to many reasons, including an issue with Telegram’s servers or no network connectivity.
Single Tick Symbol
A single tick symbol or check mark on the right side of your message means that the recipient has received your message on Telegram. However, this doesn’t mean that they’ve read it. A single tick symbol also means that the recipient hasn’t opened the Telegram app to read it yet.
Double ticks mean that your recipient has received and seen your message on Telegram. However, this symbol does not mean the same thing in group chats. If you send a message in a group Telegram chat, this symbol means that one or a few group members have read your message. It doesn’t always indicate that everyone has seen the message.
The eye icon represents how many Telegram users saw your message. You’ll see a number beside it if a certain amount of people have viewed your message. This icon will only show up in Telegram Channels.
How to Check Who Read Your Telegram Message for Individual Chats
For one-to-one Telegram chats, here’s how you can quickly see who has read your message.
- Open the Telegram chat in which you want to see who read your message.
- Sent a message to the recipient.
- Take a look at the bottom part of your message. There should be a time and a symbol that indicates the status of your message.
- If it’s a clock symbol, it means it’s still sending.
- If it’s a single tick, the message is already sent, but the recipient hasn’t read it yet.
- If it’s a double tick, it indicates that the recipient has read your message.
How to Check Who Read Your Message in Telegram Group Chats
For group Telegram chats, the process to see who has seen your sent message is a little different. Once you’re done creating a group chat in Telegram, here’s how you can see who has read your messages.
- Open the Telegram group conversation in which you want to check who has read your sent message.
- After sending a message, look at the bottom right corner of your message.
- Here, you’ll see your message’s status. If it’s a clock symbol, it means your message is still sending.
- If it’s a single tick, it implies your message is already sent but isn’t read yet.
- If it’s a double tick, this means that it has been read. But it doesn’t necessarily mean everyone in your group chat has read it.
- To see who exactly has read your message, long press your message. Then, a pop-up will show how many group participants have seen your message.
- Tap Seen to view who exactly from your group members have read your message along with the timestamp.
- To return to your conversation, simply select Bacandor just tap anywhere on your screen.
Do note that detailed read receipts with timestamps in Telegram group chats are only available in conversations with up to 100 participants. For larger groups, you can only see who has read the message.
How to Check Who Read Your Message in Telegram Channels
Checking who has read your message in channels is different. Here’s how.
- Open the Telegram channel in which you wish to check for read receipts.
- After that, look at the bottom right corner of your message.
- Instead of a check/tick, an eye icon will appear beside the timestamp. This means that subscribers to your channel already saw your message.
- Over time, a number will appear beside the eye icon. This indicates how many Telegram users have read your message.
Enjoy Better Conversations on Telegram
Telegram symbols indicating when a message is sent or is read are crucial for better communication. But keep in mind that the quality and content of your conversations are even more important when sending messages on Telegram to foster more meaningful conversations. On the flip side, if you are not fond of the messaging service itself, consider deleting your Telegram account for good.