Modding a video game lets you customize several aspects of the game and is very interesting with GTA 4. You can unlock every feature, access different weaponry, gain maximum money and health, or stay alive for a long time. Let’s see how you can mod your GTA 4 on Xbox 360.
Modding GTA 4 Xbox 360: What Tools Do You Need?
You can mod your GTA 4 on Xbox 360 by moving the saved file from the game to your PC and customizing the settings with a mod tool like Horizon. You will learn the steps in detail soon, but first, what tools do you need to do this?
- The first thing is to ensure you have your Xbox 360 with GTA 4 installed on the hard drive or running from a disk.
- Prepare a virus-free external storage device, like a flash drive, to move the game file to your PC. You can format the device to ensure it is safe.
- Download and Install Horizon on your PC. You will learn how to do that too.
How To Install Horizon Diamond on Your Computer?
Horizon Diamond is a Mod tool for several video games and one of the best options for modifying GTA 4 on Xbox 360. The Horizon Diamond is not entirely free, but you can download it for free as follows:
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Locate the downloaded file in the Download folder on your computer.
Now you need to extract the .rar file with an archiving app, like 7-zip. You may need to install 7-zip or any other archiving app on your PC if you do not have one.
- Right-click on the file, and select 7-zip from the context menu.
- Click Show more options if you cannot find 7-zip in the menu. You can also use any other archiving app installed on your computer.
- Next, click on Extract Files.
- Click OK in the following prompt to extract the file.
- When the file extraction is complete, locate a folder named HORIZON DIAMOND.
- Double-click this folder to open it. It may contain another folder with the same name; double-click it to open it too.
- Double-click on the Horizon application with the H icon beside it.
- Click OK on the following prompt to launch the app.
Now that Horizon Diamond (cracked version) is running on your computer, you can proceed to the steps to mod GTA 4 on Xbox 360.
How To Mod GTA 4 On Xbox 360?
Now that you have installed and launched either Horizon, it is time to mod your GTA game. But you should back up your game files before you proceed.
There are two options for modding GTA 4 on Xbox 360: modify your Gamer profile or a saved game with Horizon.
Option 1: Modify Your Gamer Profile
Here are the steps to mod GTA 4 by customizing your gamer profile.
Step 1: Move Your Gamer Profile to the USB drive
You can move your profile to the USB file as follows:
- Connect your USB drive to the Xbox.
- Navigate to the Settings tab on your Xbox 360.
- Select the Systems tile.
- Next, select Storage and choose the Hard drive.
- Click on Profiles.
- Navigate to your GTA 4 profile, and select it.
- Select the Move option.
- Select the USB drive as the destination device and wait for the system to move the profile.
- Go back to the Xbox menu; press X to sign out, and select Yes to confirm.
Step 2: Modify The Profile On Your Computer
You can modify your gamer profile by editing a GTA 4 modded file as follows:
- Plug the USB into your computer.
- Visit here to download the modded GTA zip file. The download should begin automatically. Otherwise, click the Download button.
- Open the downloads folder and extract the modded GTA file.
- Open the extracted folder. Then, drag and drop the file into the active Horizon app. (Note that you don’t need to close Horizon after launching it earlier).
- Click the Device Explorer pane to the right of the Horizon window.
- Open the Gamer profiles folder from the connected USB drive.
- Scroll down and double-click on your saved profile.
- Copy your profile, Device, and console IDs and paste them into the appropriate fields in the modded file you want to edit.
- Close your original profile and click on Save, Rehash, and Resign.
- Click OK on the Saved prompt that displays.
- Next, click on Save to Device and select OK to save the rehashed and resigned profile to the flash drive.
- Click on the Mod package option to customize the player’s traits and weapons.
- Choose your money, health, armor, weapons, and ammo. You can click on Max values and Max ammo.
- Click Save, then OK to complete the process.
Close the Horizon app and unplug your flash drive to move the modded profile to your Xbox 360 as in the next step.
Step 3: Move the Profile to Your Xbox 360
The steps for moving the profile to your Xbox 360 are similar to moving it to the flash drive. Let’s get to it:
- Plug the flash drive into the Xbox 360.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Systems and then Storage.
- Open the flash drive.
- Select the profile and move it back to your Hard drive.
- Next, sign in to GTA 4 to complete.
Option 2: Modify A Saved Game
You can modify GTA 4 on Xbox 360 by editing a saved game as follows:
Step 1: Move the Saved Game to A Flash Drive
- Plug your flash drive into the Xbox 360.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select Systems, then Storage.
- Next, select Hard drive.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Scroll down to choose GTA 4. Then, select your saved game.
- Select the Move option and select the USB storage device.
Hold on while the Move is in progress, and unplug your flash drive when it is complete.
Step 2: Modify the Save Game on Horizon
Plug the flash drive into your computer and modify the saved game as follows:
- Click the Device Explorer pane on the right side of the Horizon window.
- Navigate to the flash drive and click the Games folder.
- Click the arrow to the left of the GTA 4 file.
- Double-click on your saved game to load it in Horizon.
- Next, click Mod Package to modify the packages.
- Click on Max values on the money, health, and armor tab.
- Select your preferred weapons simultaneously.
- Next, click the Max Ammo option to gain the maximum ammo available for each weapon.
- Click save at the top tab of the Window and click OK when prompted.
- Unplug the flash drive and head back to your Xbox 360.
Step 3: Move the Modified File To Your Xbox 360
Move the Saved Game file to your Xbox 360 to complete the process as follows:
- Plug the flash drive into the Xbox 360.
- Navigate to Settings > Systems > Storage.
- Select your flash drive.
- Select the saved game file and choose Move.
- Choose the Hard drive as the destination folder, and you are done.
If you want to mod GTA 4 on your Xbox 360, there you have it. Prepare a risk-free flash drive, move your gamer profile or saved game to it, modify it on Horizon, and move it back to your Xbox 360. Remember that it is essential to back up your game files before applying this tweak.
Read our other post, How Much Is The Xbox 360 Worth Now?
Leave a Reply