iPhone Tricks > Reviews
Posted in Reviews, News by Patricia on September 28, 2022
Apple has released iOS 16.1 beta 3 build number 20B5056e. The update continues to fine tune iOS 16.1 for its public release, expected in October. Check out common problems, new features, bugs fixed, new issues and more!
iOS 16.1 Beta 3 Problems
Here are all the issues reported by users while running this version, along with available workarounds. Check them out before installing:
- 1. Live Activities not available anymore in the TV app. Follow button not showing up.
- 2. Shortcuts glitch out occasionally.
- 3. To be updated!
Tip: Apple is continuing to fine tune the Matter connectivity protocol. Issues encountered regarding this new implementation are available in the Developer Beta 3 release notes.
iOS 16.1 Beta 3 New Features
Below you can find a list with all the changes spotted in this release when compared to the previous test version:
- 1. Wallpaper Settings update to allow switching wallpapers from this section too. Add new wallpaper option is also more accessible.
- 2. Stage Manager availability in this iPadOS 16.1 beta has been extended to the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pro models.
- 3. Matter Accessories section in Settings added in Beta 2 has been removed.
- 4. To be updated!
Tip: For more iOS 16 features you can check our extended Beta 1 and Beta 2 reviews.
iOS 16.1 Beta 3 Bugs Fixed
Issues reported in iOS 16 and fixed for the first time in this version are listed here:
- 1. YouTube PiP playback bug has been FIXED! Confirmed on Reddit.
- 2. Live Activities not available anymore in the TV app.
- To be updated!
iOS 16.1 Beta 3 Download
This update is available, over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update as long as your iPhone is running a previous iOS 16.1 beta and the iOS 16 Configuration Profile hasn’t been released in the meantime.
Else, you have to download and install the iOS 16 Beta Profile, restart iPhone and look for a Software Update again.
How to: iOS 16 Configuration Profiles are available on the Apple Beta Software Program website. Here is a step-by-step guide about how to enroll your device!
Have you installed iOS 16.1 beta 3 on iPhone? What’s your feedback? Spotted any changes not mentioned in this article? What about new bugs? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 16 beta 10 (20B5056e), macOS 13 beta 9 (22A5358e), watchOS 9.1 beta 3 (20S50553) and tvOS 16.1 beta 3 (20K5052c).