iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Patricia on July 6, 2022
Apple has released iOS 16 Beta 3 build number 20A5312g, with new features, changes, a series of known issues. It’s officially available to registered Apple Developers, but can be downloaded on any compatible iPhone or iPad.
iOS 16 Beta 3 Download
This release is available in Settings -> General -> Software Update, if your device is already running an earlier iOS 16 Beta version and the iOS 16 Configuration Profile is still installed.
Tap Download and Install, provide Passcode and follow the on-screen prompts to complete a classic over-the-air installation.
Tip: If your iPhone is running iOS 15.5 or earlier, you need to first enroll it to the Apple Developer Beta Program, before being able to receive the iOS 16 Beta 3 update. More details are available here.
iOS 16 Beta 3 New Features
Apple has introduced a series of new features that have been mentioned during WWDC 2022 and had been left out from the previous two beta releases:
- Lockdown Mode is a new extreme security feature for iPhone, iPad and Mac. When enabled it significantly reduces the functionality of some apps to prevent cyberattacks.
- iCloud Share Photo Library is now available. You can activate it in Settings -> Apple ID-> iCloud -> Photos -> Shared Library.
- AFib History section has been added to the Health app and is available in watchOS 9 Beta 3 in the United States only.
- Reminders badge count is able to Include Due Today items, together with the overdue ones in badge count.
- Clownfish Wallpaper available in Wallpapers. It’s the wallpaper that showcased along with the original iPhone but never made it to the final release.
- To be updated! (Please share any other new features spotted in the comments section.)
iOS 16 Beta Features
If you haven’t tested the previous two betas and want to learn more about the changes coming in iOS 16 please check our: iOS 16 Beta 1 and iOS 16 Beta 2 review pages.
Tip: Also check out the entire iOS 16 section of our website.
iOS 16 Beta 3 Issues
The Developer release notes mention a series of known issues that you should expect while running this version:
- Reinstalling apps not working when using Cellular data. Affects native iOS apps.
Workaround: Connect to a WiFi network.
- Wireless CarPlay still not working.
(Workaround: Use a wired connection.)
- Emoji lock screen editor misses the search field.
- Location Services icon doesn’t display in status bar, or shows up when this privacy option is Turned Off.
- Maps crashes if the Add Stop field is long-pressed, the device is waked from Lock Screen while navigating.
- Siri’s not working when using the TV remote app or the TV Remote Control Center widget.
- Weather does not work when Location Services are disabled.
- iPhone could fail to communicate with HomePod or Home Services.
Fix: Toggle Wi-Fi OFf and back On in Settings.
- To be updated.
Tip: You can check the full releases notes in the news section of Apple’s Developer website.
iOS 16 Beta 3 New Bugs
Are you experiencing new issues in this release. Please report any new problems that you encounter while testing iOS 16. We will try to replicate, find workarounds and shared them here:
Have you updated iPhone to iOS 16 Beta 3? What’s your feedback? Share it in the comments!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 16 Beta 3 (20A5312g), watchOS 9 Beta 3 (20R5316f), macOS 13 Beta 3 (22A5295h) and tvOS 16 Beta 3 (20J5328g).