iPhone Tricks > How To
Posted in How To, News, TILs by Mike on November 16, 2022
Apple has just released an iOS 16.2 Security Response for Beta testers running iOS 16.2. This update is a new way of pushing security fixes to iPhone and iPad users without seeding a full software update.
iOS Security Response 16.2 (a)
- This first ever Rapid Security Response released by Apple comes with its own build number: 20C7750490e.
- It’s 78.6 MB large (varies for every compatible iPhone model).
- Release Notes: “provides important security fixes and is recommended for all users.”
- Security content should be available in Apple’s security support section. However, because this is a beta, we might not get any details.
How To Install iOS 16.2 Security Response Update
- 1. It’s available, over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. Tap Download and Install as with a regular software update.
- 3. Be patient while the following steps are completed:
Security Response Requested…
Preparing Security Response…
- 4. Tap Install Now and wait while the Security Response is verified and deployed on your device. iPhone restarts when ready.
Remove iOS Security Response Update
Surprisingly, Apple provides the option to revert a Rapid Security Response update!
This can be done in Settings -> General -> About -> iOS Version -> Remove Security Response. Tap Remove to confirm your intentions, enter iPhone passcode and be patient.
Tip: iPhone stuck on Preparing Removal? Don’t panic and be patient. Don’t touch your device, the Apple logo will ultimately show up and iPhone reboots to mark the end of the removal process!
Have you managed to install the iOS Security Response 16.2 update on your iPhone? Do you have any questions or problems to report? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: For more info about iOS 16.2 please check our extended review of Beta 3.
Leave a Reply