iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Mike on November 9, 2022
Apple has rolled out iPadOS 16.1.1 build number 20B101 for all compatible iPad model! It’s a minor but very important release that brings bug fixes and security updates! Check out all changes including old issues that remain unsolved as well as new problems that have been reported!
iPadOS 16.1.1 Problems
Before updating, check out the new bugs and old problems that are still unfixed in this version:
- 1. iPadOS 16.1.1 update not showing up. Getting ‘Your iPad software is up to date’ instead?
Fact: Check the Also Available section available at the bottom of the Software Update screen.
- 2. WiFi keeps disconnecting frequently issue is still present!
Workaround: Please tweak this setting for a temporary fix!
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 16.1.1 Bugs Fixed
Apple’s release notes mention bug fixes, without actually naming the issues that have been addressed!
We’re testing the iPadOS 16.1 bugs reported and will update this section with the ones that have been fixed.
- 1. App folder blur bug when opening a folder from the dock. The top part of the screen isn’t blurred. (Status: -)
Workaround: Remove folder from Dock as shown here.
- 2. Apple Pencil lag in Notes app. (Status:)
- 3. Instagram not loading properly. Post Story button missing. (Status: -)
Workaround: Use Meta Business suite or select multiple photos as instructed here.
- 4. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: For more details you can also check Apple’s Developer release notes.
iPadOS 16.1.1 Security Fixes
According to Apple this update brings two security fixes that address the following vulnerability:
“A remote user may be able to cause unexpected app termination or arbitrary code execution.”
More: For more details please read Apple’s security content of this release.
iPadOS 16.1.1 Update
This release is available, over-the-air, in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Tap Download and Install, provide iPad Passcode and follow the on-screen prompts.
Tip: Be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you installed iPadOS 16.1.1 on iPad? Do you notice any changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16.1.1 (20B101) and macOS 13.0.1 (22A400).