iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Vlad on July 6, 2023
iPadOS 17 beta 3 build number 21A5277h is now available for download on all compatible iPads! Here are the new features, changes, bugs, fixes and other issues!
iPadOS 17 Beta 3 Features
Enhancements found in this version are mentioned here:
- 1. Autofill option available for Text fields that allow you to quickly insert Contact, Passwords, Scan Text.
- 2. View Credits option in Apple Music accessible from the Share menu as noticed by jack3chu.
- 3. Claim This Place option available in Apple Maps as reported here.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
More: iPadOS 17 features can be found in our preview.
iPadOS 17 Beta 3 Issues
New and ongoing bugs reported for this version are tracked here:
- 1. Apple logo with progress bar stuck on iPad for a long time if this is the first time you update device to iOS 17 because the entire file system format is updated. Reported in the Developer notes.
Tip: Be patient.
- 2. MP3 files not playing in this version if they have malformed ID3 tag (Dev notes).
- 3. Personal Voice not working with Live Speech (Dev notes).
Fix: Reboot device.
- 4. iPad No Service error for 6th generation (Wi-Fi + Cellular) reported in the Developer notes.
Fix: Reboot device.
- 5. AirPlay mirroring not available for iPad Pro (10.5-inch) and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 2nd gen. iPad as an extended display for Mac might also fail to work. (Developer Notes)
- 6. FaceTime calls on Apple TV ending randomly within the first minute.
Fix: Reboot both Apple TV and iPad.
- 7. Available storage not accurate in the Settings -> General -> About menu.
Workaround: Value is accurate in Settings -> General -> iPad Storage.
- 8. Wallpaper orientation bug is confirmed in the Developer notes.
Fix: Reboot device.
- 9. Widgets not working on Home Screen in this version including: Wallet, Apple Music, Mail, Fitness, Weather, etc. Reported by this Reddit user.
Workaround: Open the app in question and widget will populate, but data might disappear again later.
- 10. Keyboard covers text field making it impossible to see what you type. Happens with various apps. Reported here.
Troubleshoot: Force quit and reopen app.
Workaround: Write your reply in Notes or any other text editing app. Copy the text and paste it into the bugged app using the three-finger pinch-out gesture!
- 11. Live Wallpapers not working for some users.
Tip: Use Live Photos captured with an iPhone 11 Pro or later.
- 12. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 17 Beta 3 Notes
Apple has published comprehensive Developer notes for this update. You can check them by tapping the screenshot available below:
iPadOS 17 Beta 3 Bugs Fixed?
Issues fixed in this version are mentioned here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 17 Beta 3 Download
You can download and test this third beta yourself by following the steps available below.
Tip: Apple recommends you to use a secondary device and perform a full encrypted backup before starting.
- 1. Go for Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. Tap on Beta Updates and select iPadOS 17 Developer Beta.
- 3. iPadOS 17 Beta 3 should show up on the Software Update screen. Tap Update Now, input Passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Important: According to the Developer notes some 2017 iPads may fail to update to iOS 17, and will revert back to the pre-existing iPadOS version. You can get around this by downgrading to iPadOS 16.x and the attempting to update again to the current iPadOS 17 beta version!
Have you installed iPadOS 17 beta 3 on iPad? Spotted other new features, enhancements, fixes or issues not mentioned here? Share your feedback in the comments please!
Related: Apple has also seeded iOS 17 beta 3 (21A5277h), macOS Sonoma 14 beta 3 (23A5286g), watchOS 10 beta 3 (21R5305e), tvOS 17 beta 3 (21J5303f) and HomePod 17 beta 3!