iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Tyrone on November 9, 2022
Apple has released macOS 13.0.1 build number 22A400 for all compatible Macs! It’s a minor but very important update that fixes bugs and patches security issues! Check out all changes including old problems that remain unsolved as well as new glitches reported by users!
macOS Ventura 13.0.1 Problems
Before updating, check out persisting problems as well as new issues spotted in this version:
- 1. macOS 13.0.1 not showing up in System Settings.
Fix: Use command + R keyboard shortcut to refresh the System Settings app and this update should become available.
- 2. Microsoft Remote Desktop multiple monitor not working anymore after update. Reported by Edg-R.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.0.1 Bugs Fixed
Apple did not provide any detailed release notes for this update, but we can assume that it includes bug fixes and security improvements as iOS 16.1.1 and iPadOS 16.1.1.
macOS 13.0 bugs are currently being tested and the ones that have been fixed will be listed here:
- 1.Extension internal error pops up when trying to delete files or apps.
Workaround: Use the force delete option that bypasses Trash. (Status: -)
- 2. Signature above quoted text does not work in Mail. (Status: -)
- 3. Continuity camera not working for older Mac models.
Fix: Plenty tips available here.
- 4. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: For more details you can also check Apple’s Developer release notes.
macOS 13.0.1 Security Fixes
According to Apple, this update includes two security fixes that address the following vulnerability:
“A remote user may be able to cause unexpected app termination or arbitrary code execution.”
More: For more details please read Apple’s security content of this release.
macOS Ventura 13.0.1 Update
- This release is available, over-the-air, in System Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Update Now, Agree with Apple’s terms and provide Macbook Passcode.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your computer!
Have you installed macOS 13.0.1 on Mac? Do you notice any changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16.1.1 (20B101) and iPadOS 16.1.1 (20B101).