iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Tyrone on May 18, 2023
Apple has released macOS Ventura 13.4 build number 22F66 for all compatible Macs. It brings enhancements, bug fixes and a series of important security updates! New problems are also tracked here!
macOS 13.4 Issues
Before updating, make sure to check ongoing problems and new bugs reported by users. Workarounds are also posted if available:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS Ventura 13.4 Features
Unlike iPhone and Apple Watch, Macs won’t get a 2023 Pride wallpaper. Below, you can find out the two enhancements mentioned in the update log:
macOS 13.4 Bugs Fixed
According to the update log, there are four problems solved:
- 1. Auto Unlock with Apple Watch should be finally fixed by this update. (A fix for this was announced in macOS 13.3.1 too, but it apparently did not do the job.)
- 2. Bluetooth keyboards connecting slowly to Mac has been fixed!
- 3. VoiceOver issue with navigating to landmarks on webpages has been addressed.
- 4. Screen Time settings not syncing or resetting across devices has been solved.
- 5. Content filtering bug has been addressed. Apps like Little Snitch and Radio Silence are working normally. (Present in previous 13.4 beta versions).
Tip: You might have to reinstall the app as suggested on Reddit.
- 6. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Other issues reported as fixed by users are tracked here:
macOS Ventura 13.4 Security Updates
Apple includes a bunch of security fixes in this release. They cover everything from Accessibility to Wi-Fi:
Accessibility, AppleMobileFileIntegrity, Associated Domains, Contacts, Core Location, Core Services, CUPS, dcerpc, DesktopServices, GeoServices, ImageIO, IOSurface, IOSurfaceAccelerator, Kernel, LaunchServices, libxpc, Metal, Model I/O, PackageKit, PDFKit, Perl, Photos, NetworkExtension, Screen Saver, Sandbox, Security, Shortcuts, Siri, Shell, SQLite, StorageKit, System Settings, Telephony, TV App, Weather, WebKit, Wi-FI.
Fact: The update also comes with security fixed included in the macOS 13.3.1a Security Response!
macOS 13.4 Update
This update is available over-the-air in System Settings -> General -> Software Update on all compatible Macs!
Go for Update Now or Install Now and be patient until the software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your computer!
Have you installed macOS Ventura 13.4 On Mac? Notice any enhancements not mentioned in this article? What about bugs fixed or new issues? Use the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16.5 & iPadOS 16.5 (20F66), macOS Ventura 13.4 (22F66), watchOS 9.5 (20T562), tvOS 16.5 (20L562) and HomePod 16.5.