iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Tyrone on January 19, 2023
Apple has rolled out macOS 13.2 RC with build number 22D49 for Developers and Public Beta testers! Check out the new features, bug fixes, known issues as well as new problems!
macOS Ventura 13.2 Issues
Unfixed problems, along with available workarounds are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.2 Features
Changes and improvements coming in this version are covered here:
- 1. macOS 13.2 (a) Security Response released by Apple to test quick security updates.
- 2. macOS 13.2 (b) Rapid Security Response released by Apple as another quick security fix test.
- 1. Security Keys for Apple ID are now available similar to iOS 16.3 in System Settings -> Apple ID -> Password & Security -> Add Security Keys.
Fact: They allow users to increase the security of accounts by requiring a physical security key to sign in. This new security method can be used as an option for two-factor authentication.
macOS Ventura 13.2 Bug Fixes
According to the release notes, two issues have been addressed by this update:
- 1. Freeform bug that caused drawing strokes made with Apple Pencil or finger not to appear on shared boards has been fixed.
- 2. VoiceOver audio feedback not working while typing has been also fixed.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
We expect Apple to have addressed other issues too, without mentioning them in the release notes. Other problems solved are tracked here:
Fact: More info about known issues and bugs fixed are available in Apple’s Developer release notes.
macOS 13.2 RC Download
This update is available, over-the-air, in System Settings -> General -> Software Update for all Macs and MacBooks that have the the macOS Ventura Developer Beta Software Profile installed.
How to: To download and install the profile you have to enroll to the Apple Beta Software Program platform.
Tip: Never installed a macOS beta on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you installed macOS Ventura 13.2 RC on Mac? Help us cover all changes and improvements! Share your findings in the comments!
Related: Apple has also seeded iOS 16.3 RC and iPadOS 16.3 RC (20D47), watchOS 9.3 (20S648), tvOS 16.3 RC (20K650) and HomePod 16.3 RC.