iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Tyrone on August 2, 2023
Safari 16.6 is now available as a standalone update for Macs running macOS Monterey and Big Sur! It’s a security update that implements the fixes included in macOS Ventura 13.5!
Safari 16.6 Download
This version shows up as a sepparate update on Macs that aren’t updated to Ventura. It should show up alongside macOS Monterey 12.6.8 and macOS Big Sur 11.7.9:
- 1. Open System Preferences and go for Software Update
- 2. Version 16.6 should show up.
- 3. Make sure it’s selected and click Update Now.
- 4. Input Mac password and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded and installed!
Safari 16.6 Security Fix
This update addresses eight vulnerabilities including: WebKit, WebKit Process Model and WebKit Web Inspector!
Fixes: The problems have been solved with improved checks, restrictions, state management and improved memory management.
More: info is available in the security content of this update!
Safari 16.6 Issues
Problems reported in this version as well as available workarounds are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Have you installed this Safari update on Mac? Do you have any questions or problems to report? Use the comments!
Related: You might be also interested to check our macOS Ventura 13.5 review!