OK Google (or Google Assistant) is a helpful Android function that listens to your voice instructions. This digital assistant lets you use your system hands-free, make calls, and search for data.
Though it’s handy to make use of, many individuals discover it intrusive and annoying. It’s far too straightforward to unintentionally activate Google Assistant through the house button when your telephone is in your pocket.Google Assistant additionally often misinterprets your voice and triggers routinely even in the event you didn’t challenge a command.
You don’t have to fret since there are numerous methods to disable this function in your system. This text will clarify a couple of of the strategies at your disposal.
Deactivating Google Assistant
The OK Google function and Google Assistant imply the identical factor. Deactivating your Google Assistant fully will disable OK Google too. To deactivate the assistant, you must observe these steps:
- Open the App menu in your Android system.
- Faucet on the ‘Google’ app.
- Choose the ‘extra’ icon on the backside menu. It needs to be on the proper aspect (three horizontal dots).
- Faucet ‘Settings’.
- You must see ‘Google Assistant’.
- Choose ‘Basic’.
- Disable the ‘Google Assistant’ choice by tapping on the blue swap to the proper.
This may fully cease your OK Google from activating.
To allow it once more, merely observe steps 1-6, and allow it from the ‘Basic’ menu.
Stop Google From Accessing Your Microphone
In case you suspect that Google may observe your voice regardless of even in the event you disabled all its options, this technique to decide on.
To disclaim Google all mic permissions, observe these steps:
- Discover the ‘Settings’ app in your app menu (the gear icon) and enter.
- Faucet ‘Apps’ or ‘Apps and Notifications’, relying in your Android model.
- Choose ‘Google’ from the checklist of apps.
- Scroll down till you see ‘Permissions’. Choose it.
- Disable ‘Microphone’.
- A brand new window could pop up informing you that some fundamental app options may not work correctly.
- Click on ‘Deny Anyway’.
Because the warning says, some options won’t work anymore. For instance, holding the house button in your Android system won’t activate Google Assistant. Additionally, all of the Google options that require a microphone will cease, resembling Google Voice Search.
Deactivating the Assist Button
In case you nonetheless wish to use your Google Assistant, however you’re aggravated by unintentional activation, you’ll be able to simply deactivate the assist button. To deactivate it, you must:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Faucet the ‘Apps’ menu. Typically it will likely be ‘Apps and Notifications’, or ‘Functions’.
- Discover ‘Default Functions’. On some Android variations, you might want to click on on the ‘extra’ icon first. It’s on the highest proper of the menu (three vertical dots).
- Right here, faucet the ‘System Help App’.
Right here, you’ll be able to select which app will open once you maintain the ‘Dwelling’ button in your Android system.
- Within the menu, you will notice Google beneath ‘System help app’. Faucet it.
- Select ‘None’.
In case you do that, you’ll be able to nonetheless use your OK Google and all its microphone options with out worrying that the assistant will activate by itself. Observe that this won’t stop Google Assistant from activating by voice.
Uninstall Google Updates
If you wish to fully take away Google Assistant out of your telephone, you’ll be able to attempt uninstalling updates. Since Google Assistant wasn’t obtainable in earlier variations of the Google app, eradicating updates will take away it too. To take away updates, observe these steps:
- Faucet the ‘Settings’ app.
- Faucet ‘Functions’ to open the checklist of apps.
- Discover ‘Google’ on the checklist and enter the app menu.
- Faucet the ‘extra’ button within the top-right a part of the display. The ‘Uninstall updates’ choice will seem.
- Faucet it and it’ll revert Google again to the primary model on the telephone.
Remember the fact that this may take away all the extra options that you simply bought with Google updates prior to now. Additionally, you will need to cease all new Google updates manually in order that Google Assistant doesn’t reappear.
Which Methodology Is the Greatest?
Relying on what bothers you about OK Google, you must choose the strategy that fits you finest.
If you wish to disable it fully or take away it, you are able to do that simply. However in the event you simply wish to stop activating it out of your pocket, it’s sufficient to deactivate the assist button. Additionally, in case you are uncomfortable understanding that Google can entry your microphone, there’s a technique to revoke microphone entry.
Since Google Assistant is a helpful function, it’s normally finest to go away it in your system so you’ll be able to allow it if the necessity arises.