Check Biggest Price Drops on Amazon
Apple has released tvOS 16 build number 20J373 with a series of new features. New bugs might also come in bulk in this initial release. Check out all the enhancements as well as reported issues alongside available fixes!
tvOS 16 Update
- This major release is available, over-the-air, in Settings -> System -> Software Updates.
- Select Download and Install and be patient until tvOS 16.0 is deployed on your Apple TV.
tvOS 16 Features
According to the “What’s New” section that pops up on the Apple TV after the update, you should expect the following enhancements:
- 1. Profiles For Family Members – You can add a profile for each member of your Family Sharing group, to ensure personalized recommendations. Hold the TV button to start.
- 2. Multiple Keyboard Languages – Switch languages quickly when using the onscreen keyboard. You can add more languages in Settings -> General -> Languages.
- 3. Accessibility Updates – Onscreen descriptions are viewable more clearly with Hover Text. New VoiceOver voices available in Settings -> Accessibility.
- To be updated!
Fact: No other new features are mentioned in the Developer release notes.
tvOS 16 Issues
- 1. Apple TV remote app (iOS 16) not able to change TV volume, using iPhone Volume Buttons.
- To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16 Bug Fixes
tvOS 15 problems solved in this update are mentioned below:
- Dolby Atmos audio stuttering. (Status: ?)
- To be updated!
Fact: Security fixes aren’t available yet. Apple promises to update the security content soon.
Have you installed this update on your Apple TV? What’s your feedback? Do you have any questions or suggestions? Did you spot any changes or problems not mentioned here? Share them in the comments.
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16 (20A362), watchOS 9 (20R361), iOS 15.7 (19H12), iPadOS 15.7 (19H12), macOS 12.6 (21G115) and HomePodOS 16.
Leave a Reply