iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Mike on October 24, 2023
tvOS 17.1 is expected to roll out soon for Apple TV HD and later! It’s a significant update that brings new features as well as performance and stability improvements. New issues, unaddressed bugs and other problems are covered in this article too!
tvOS 17.1 Features
The Release Candidate version is out and we’re collecting the changes here:
- 1. Enhanced Dialogue available on all HomePods a new tvOS 17 feature that boosts the volume of spoken voices to make dialogues in movies and TV shows more intelligible when effects, music and other ambiental sounds are played!
- 2. On-Screen Volume Display for speakers and receivers connected via CEC. Thanks FoferJ for sharing.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 17.1 Issues
Problems reported in this version are tracked here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
More: Known bugs are also mentioned in the Developer notes.
tvOS 17.1 Update
The Release Candidate version of this version is currently available:
Important: Apple recommends installing beta software versions on a secondary device!
- 1. Go for Settings -> System -> Update Software.
- 2. Open Get Beta Updates and select tvOS 17 Developer beta or tvOS 17 Public beta.
- 3. tvOS 17.1 should show up on the screen.
- 4. Click Download and Install.
- 5. Be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
Have you installed tvOS 17.1 on Apple TV? What’s your feedback? Do you encounter any problems or have any questions? Use the comments section!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 17.1 RC, iPadOS 17.1 RC, watchOS 10.1 RC, macOS Sonoma 14.1 RC and HomePod 17.1 RC.