iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Mike on August 9, 2023
watchOS 10 beta 5 build number 21R5332f is available for Apple Watch 4 and later models! It brings even more new features and changes, as well as bug fixes. Also check out the ongoing issues and any new problems!
watchOS 10 Beta 5 Features
Changes reported in this version are tracked here:
- 1. Optimized Charge Limit is now available on Apple Watch SE, Series 6, 7 and 8. Confirmed in the Developer release notes.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Tip: For more watchOS 10 features check our detailed review.
watchOS 10 Beta 5 Issues
These are the problems reported by users for this build:
- 1. Workout not showing Speed or Distance.
Fix: Reboot device.
- 2. Voicemails not syncing to Apple Watch.
- 3. Cellular connectivity issues reported by Cash907.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 10 Beta 5 Bugs Fixed
Issues addressed in this update are mentioned here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
watchOS 10 Beta 5 Download
This update is available, over-the-air, in the Watch app on the paired iPhone, on any compatible Apple Watch as long as the smartphone is updated to iOS 17!
Important: Apple recommends installing beta software versions on a secondary device. Downgrading to watchOS 9.x isn’t possible! You will have to stick with the beta until the public release or ship your device to Apple!
- 1. In the My Watch tab, go for General -> Software Update -> Beta updates.
- 2. Select the watchOS 10 Developer Beta or watchOS 10 Public Beta option!
- 3. Click Download and Install as soon as watchOS 10 Beta 5 or watchOS 10 Public Beta 3 shows up on the screen!
- 4. Agree with terms, enter the passcode and be patient until the new software is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device!
watchOS 10 Beta 5 Download Not Showing?
You can fix this by turning off Beta updates and then turn them back On by selecting watchOS 10 Developer beta!
watchOS 10 Beta 5 download paused?
“You can resume the download when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network”?
Fix: Reboot both Apple Watch and paired iPhone. If it still won’t work, try to perform the update directly from your wrist! Does it help?
Have you installed Beta 5 on Apple Watch? Noticed any other changes, fixes or issues not mentioned here! Share your feedback in the comments please!
Related: Apple has also seeded iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 beta 5 (21A53032), macOS Sonoma 14 beta 5 (23A5312d), tvOS 17.0 Beta 4 (21J5330e).