iPhone Tricks > News
Posted in News by Mike on December 13, 2022
Apple has released watchOS 9.2 build number 20S361 for Apple Watch 4 and later! Update includes new features, improvements, bug and security fixes. We also track the known issues and new problems reported by users!
watchOS 9.2 Issues
Before you update you might want to check the unsolved problems, as well as new bugs reported for this version:
- 1. Battery draining fast after update for johnsonsvisions. Are you experiencing the same?
- 2. Apple Watch overheating even in standby mode for this Reddit user.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments)
Fact: More info about known issues and bugs fixed are available in Apple’s Developer release notes.
watchOS 9.2 Features
Here are all the changes and improvements included in this update:
- 1. Outdoor Run workout is now able to automatically detect when you arrive at a running track and provides specific metrics.
- 2. Race Route allows you to compete against yourself, comparing previous performance for workouts like Outdoor Run, Outdoor Cycle and Outdoor Wheelchair Workouts.
- 3. Workout app gets new custom Kickboxing algorithm for more accurate metrics.
- 4. Noise app displays when environmental sound levels are reduced while wearing AirPods Pro (1st gen.) and AirPods Max with ANC.
- 5. Family Setup users can be invited to the Home app to control HomePod speakers and smart home accessories, and unlock
doors with home keys in Wallet.
- 6. Accessibility support to visualize when Siren is in use on Apple Watch Ultra.
- 7. Balance of Savings account can now be checked in Wallet on Apple Watch.
- 8. To be updated!
watchOS 9.2 Bugs Fixed
Problems solved in this release are tracked here:
- 1. Incorrect watch time after dismissing an alarm in Sleep Focus has been fixed. (Announced in the release notes)
- 2. Mindfulness sessions interrupting unexpectedly have been fixed. (Announced in the release notes)
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Tip: This update brings a bunch of security fixes too. To review them please check Apple’s security document.
watchOS 9.2 Update
- 1. This update is available, over-the-air, in the Watch app on the paired iPhone running iOS 16.2.
- 2. Open the My Watch tab and browse for General -> Software Update.
- 3. Tap Download and Install and follow the on-screen prompts.
Fact: Apple Watch will reboot to complete the upgrade process. Provide passcode an enjoy this release!
Have you updated Apple Watch to watchOS 9? Do you notice other changes not mentioned in this article? What about bug fixes or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also seeded iOS 16.2 (20C65), iPadOS 16.2 (20C65), macOS Ventura 13.1 (22C65), tvOS 16.2 (20K362) and HomePod 16.2.