iPhone Tricks > How To
Posted in How To by Patricia on July 11, 2022
Apple has rolled out watchOS 9 Public Beta build number 20R5316f. This test version is available to all compatible Apple Watch models, as soon as the watchOS 9 Beta Profile is installed.
Important: Before you proceed, please be aware that test versions are buggy and lack in performance! More, unlike iPhones, downgrading from watchOS 9 to watchOS 8 isn’t possible The only way to do it is at an Apple Store!
watchOS 9 Public Beta Download
First you have to download the watchOS 9 Beta Profile and enroll Apple Watch to the Apple Beta Software program:
watchOS 9 Public Beta Install Guide
- 5. In the Watch app on iPhone, go for Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 6. Tap Download and Install. Be patient until watchOS 9 Public Beta update is requested, downloaded and prepared for update.
- 7. Tap Install Now, Agree with Apple’s terms and be patient until the update is verified and deployed on Apple Watch.
Tip: Device has to be on its charger with battery level over 50%.
watchOS 9 Public Beta Features
Apple has unveiled the changes upcoming in watchOS 9 during WWDC 2022. The most important ones are listed below:
- New Watch Faces – four new themes to take bette advantage of the extra screen real estate.
- Sleep Stages – for a detailed view of your sleep.
- Heart Rate Zones – for more efficient workouts.
- Medication App – to help you track your pill intake.
- Running form Metrics – for more efficient running routines.
watchOS 9 Public Beta Bugs
Issues discovered in this version are available below. If you spot one that’s not available in this list, don’t hesitate to share it in the comments!
Have you updated this first watchOS 9 public test version? Which are your favorite features? Did you encounter any bugs? Use the comments section to share your feedback!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 16 / iOS 16 Public Beta (20A5312j), macOS Ventura 13 Public Beta, tvOS 16 Public Beta and HomePod 16 Public Beta!