How to Enable or Disable TikTok Restricted Mode: TikTok users have had to deal with their fair shares of errors and issues with the app — including one that says videos are age-restricted from them for no apparent reason. Despite the fact that Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter continue to be some of the most popular social media platforms available, it has become impossible to ignore TikTok’s consistently rapid growth. It is consistently one of the best apps available in the App Store, continues to attract new users on a regular basis, and continues to expand its feature set on a consistent basis in order to keep existing users interested.
Seeing it in action is an amazing experience. Some adult users have discovered that their accounts have been placed in Restricted Mode, even though the mode is intended for use with younger users (such as children). It doesn’t matter if you’re talking about TikTok or any of the other apps that were just described; none of them are flawless. The presence of new bugs and unpredictable glitches, which appear seemingly out of nowhere, transforms these apps from enjoyable social platforms into vexing examples of broken software.
TikTok, in particular, is not a novice in this regard. There have been issues reported by users that cause their Following page to stop functioning and reset their follower count to zero. When attempting to do something as straightforward as posting a comment, for example, a user may see a message that reads “Invalid Paramters.” This is another well-known bug. We mentioned below are the steps how to Enable or Disable TikTok Restricted Mode.
Table of Contents
What is TikTok’s Restricted Mode?
“Restricted Mode is an option at the account settings level that limits the appearance of content that may not be appropriate for all audiences,” they say on their website. Also, anyone who wants to block certain kinds of content on the app can use it. Setting up the phone lets you turn it on. You’ll need to enter a passcode to turn it on and off. This lets parents set up the filter for their child.
|Users can create short videos of up to 10 minutes. They can add music, filters, effects, and text to their videos.
|Users can create duets, which are videos that are played side-by-side with another user’s video.
|Users can stitch other users’ videos into their own videos.
|Users can participate in challenges, which are trends that are popular on TikTok.
|TikTok offers a variety of effects that users can add to their videos. These effects can change the appearance of the video, add filters, or add text.
|TikTok offers a variety of filters that users can add to their videos. These filters can change the color, brightness, or contrast of the video.
|Google Play Store
If you made an account when you were younger, it will stay in Restricted Mode even after you turn 18. If you want to use TikTok, you will need to go into the settings and turn off the age limits. It’s also possible that you put in the wrong birthday when you made the account. We have a guide that shows you how to change your age on TikTok if you think this happened to you. You had to show proof of who you were and how old you were. You could also delete your TikTok account and make a new one as an alternative.
How to Enable or Disable TikTok Restricted Mode
Enabling Restricted Mode
- Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Scroll down and tap on Content preferences.
- Tap on Restricted Mode.
- Tap on Turn on. You will be prompted to create a passcode. Enter a secure passcode twice and confirm.
- Restricted Mode is now enabled.
Disabling Restricted Mode
- Follow steps 1-5 above to access Content preferences.
- Tap on Restricted Mode.
- Enter your passcode.
- Tap on Turn off.
- Restricted Mode is now disabled.
Why Age Restrictions Exist on TikTok
- Child Safety: TikTok, like many other social media platforms, has an age restriction to protect children and young users from potentially harmful content. Some content on TikTok may not be suitable for all age groups, and these restrictions help prevent exposure to inappropriate or harmful material.
- Legal Compliance: Many countries have laws and regulations regarding online privacy and safety for minors. TikTok’s age restrictions help ensure compliance with these regulations and legal requirements.
- COPPA Compliance: In the United States, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) places restrictions on collecting data from children under the age of 13. To comply with COPPA, TikTok restricts access to certain features for users under 13.
- Content Suitability: TikTok’s content can vary widely, and some videos may contain explicit language, violence, or other adult-oriented themes. Age restrictions are in place to prevent younger users from accessing or being exposed to such content.
- Community Guidelines: TikTok has community guidelines that users are expected to follow. Age restrictions can help ensure that younger users are not inadvertently exposed to or engaging in behavior that violates these guidelines.
- Protecting Young Minds: TikTok aims to provide a safe and age-appropriate environment for its users. Age restrictions are part of these efforts to safeguard the well-being and mental health of young individuals.
TikTok’s Policies and Community Guidelines
|TikTok is committed to creating a safe environment for its users. This includes guidelines against harmful behavior, harassment, and violence.
|TikTok encourages high-quality and creative content while discouraging spam, misinformation, and misleading content.
|Privacy and Data Usage
|TikTok’s policy outlines how user data is handled and protected, including user controls and permissions for data usage.
|TikTok respects intellectual property rights and encourages users to do the same, which includes not infringing on copyrights.
|Guidelines promoting respect and inclusivity, as well as discouraging hate speech, discrimination, and bullying, are emphasized.
|TikTok provides tools for users to manage their online experience, including privacy settings and reporting mechanisms.
|Specific content restrictions, such as restrictions on nudity, hate speech, and harmful activities, are outlined.
With over one billion active users every day across the globe, TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media app. However, there is a policy in place that requires users to be a certain age in order to watch or create short videos on the platform. TikTok has implemented an age restriction policy in order to shield its younger users from content that may be deemed inappropriate.
However, it may still be a challenge for users who are over the age of 13 but require assistance in order to access the app. Learn instructions on how to turn off the age restriction on TikTok so that you can enjoy the platform without any limitations.
Questions and Answers
Does TikTok allow 18+ content?
One more thing that makes TikTok so interesting is the huge range of content that is shared. However, not all of it might be appropriate for kids. We filter out obviously adult content so that only adults 18 years or older can see it.
Is there an age filter on TikTok?
How to make the filter work. The filter can be used by anyone on TikTok by starting a new video with the “+” button in the middle of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. In the effects tab, look for “Aged” and choose the filter. Then, record a video or take a picture to see what happens.
Does TikTok need my birthday?
TikTok will normally ask you to prove your age because the site has different rules and features for people of different ages. The app said in October 2022 that the youngest person who could host a live show would be raised from 16 to 18.
You Might Be Interested In